Home Technical Talk

Need advise about software

null
Hi guys!, I am new to the 3d modeling, study it for already 2 months. Already have some achievements. Just wanted to ask, what would experienced people suggest for a noob like me. What should I learn first and what is better to learn later? My goal for this month is to create a small room with a lot of furniture, and the second one is to make camera slide slowly through the room. So I wanted to ask, is it some other tools needed to film like that or is it already in 3dmax? thank you in advance for your answers).

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    nothing more needed than max... good luck...
  • Marshkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marshkin polycounter lvl 9
    If you're already using 3dMax, keep with it. Master one program, then worry about adapting to others.
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    in my experience the program doesnt matter much. You can learn a program in no time. The more difficult task is learning to make great art. No program is going to do that for you, thats something that just going to  take time and effort. 
  • wirrexx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx quad damage
    Blender is free to use (i use it sometimes) Max is my main program though. Cause i just love the modifiers.
  • sacboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacboi high dynamic range
    Come too terms with what your using at the moment, building a level of competency takes time and as much effort you're willing too put in and really won't happen over night, after all it's a complex piece of software that is robustly customisable so you've hardly scratched the surface yet. 

And just one other thing I'II mention, for optimal training resources I would suggest those tutorials authored by seasoned industry people which generally requires paying for the privilege however well worth every penny.