Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Extrude Problem

Psydron
null
Offline / Send Message
Psydron null
Alright so im trying to mask a sertain part of my mesh to then extrude it and make it a seperate object, but its not quite working out :(

This is what i end up with and im unsure how to fix it.
And this is the mesh that im using to extrude from.

Please help me.

Replies

• RawData
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RawData polycounter lvl 3
    @Psydron i am not sure how this shape came up but what i usually do for a seperate mesh, i mask the polygons which i want to make a copy then qmesh them while holding ctrl. It seperates a copy of targeted polys. After that you can mask the copied part and Split it as a subtool. 
  • Psydron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psydron null
    RawData said:
    @Psydron i am not sure how this shape came up but what i usually do for a seperate mesh, i mask the polygons which i want to make a copy then qmesh them while holding ctrl. It seperates a copy of targeted polys. After that you can mask the copied part and Split it as a subtool. 
    Thanks for the response buddy i actually just ended up remaking the shape, seems like it was the shadow box which did it along with the clip curve tool. anyways it worked once i just used dynamesh and clip tool, though ill try what you said in the future if it happens again.

• RawData
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RawData polycounter lvl 3
    Psydron said:
    RawData said:
    Thanks for the response buddy i actually just ended up remaking the shape, seems like it was the shadow box which did it along with the clip curve tool. anyways it worked once i just used dynamesh and clip tool, though ill try what you said in the future if it happens again.

Good for you man. Have fun :)