Home Technical Talk

Modo - Default loop slice mode

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Deforges polycounter lvl 11
Hey there,

When I activate my hotkey for loop slice, the mode defaults to "free" and instead I would like it to be "symmetry". I have to manually set it to symmetry each time. Can I change this so it always runs in symmetry mode?

Thanks!

Replies

• pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    You could setup a custom macro for that. Thats what I do whenever i run into a problem.
    I just tried running the loop slice tool, and I had it set to symmetry. The tool worked for me and kept its settings. 
  • Deforges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey @pmiller001

I will look into that when I get home. It is interesting because when I select the tool it works fine like you said but when I hit the shortcut I have for it, it doesn't even though I think it's binded to just run the tool like usual. I'll have to double-check. Thanks!
  • Zimlorog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zimlorog polycounter lvl 7
    Hi! I recorded a short video showing how I have my Loop Slice tool set up. I have this same hotkey system for multiple tools, and it works great! Strangely, there are two lists of tools to select from (I'm not sure why the difference), but you'll want to select Loop Slice from the second set of tools.

And why Shift + Q/W/E and not just Q/W/E? Well that's for two reasons: 1) A mind set. Shift lets me know that I am interacting with just the tool. 2) Those single keys are already mapped to other commands that would override, apply, or drop the tool I'm currently using, and I would rather not overwrite a default hotkey if I don't need to.

Lastly, if you really want to supercharge your Modo workflow, I have an Auto-Hotkey script that lets me use my scroll wheel to increase/decrease loop slices (or any parameter really) that I would be more than happy to share. :D

• Deforges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well it turns out it was mapped to a completely different custom script! wow.

@Zimlorog that's a very cool idea! I'm going to make another binding for uniform. Thanks for the help.

I also have increments bounded to a and d

and I also have these really cool slice presets that are very handy