Home Technical Talk

(Zmodeler) How to Extend an Edge?

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
onionhead_o polycounter lvl 16
To ZWizards out there, Is there a way to extrude a edge and edge border?

Replies

• pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    To what affect? You trying to simply select and edge then extrude it like you would in another 3D package? if so I'm not sure you can do exactly that, but the z modeler edge extrude function should get you where you need to go. 

Have you seen this video ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLs7A4V6wWo
  • onionhead_o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes i have seen this. Thats not really what im looking for.
     Im looking for a way extrude an open edge.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    If you are looking to retopo in ZB then you are limited to placing verts or use the retopology brush. If you want to extend single edges then you have to use software with that feature like Max.
  • onionhead_o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I Figured I asked. Im not looking to retopo in Zbrush. I just find it wierd that theres no way to do that inside zbrush. Been seeing a coworker using solely ZModeler for all his hard-surface task, so i was interested to use it more.
  • joebount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joebount polycounter lvl 12
    Unfortunately it's box modeling only, you can't do that with Zmodeler. Maybe in an update, would be nice.
  • kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    I Figured I asked. Im not looking to retopo in Zbrush. I just find it wierd that theres no way to do that inside zbrush. Been seeing a coworker using solely ZModeler for all his hard-surface task, so i was interested to use it more.
    Yeah you sure can hard surface model in ZB. Its a little strange at first but its crazy good for that task. You get to  use all the other tools available which makes it very flexible. Coupled with Keyshot you have an excellent product visualization package. That is unless you need to base the model off precise measurements. To do that you have to go to and fro from software like Solidworks. But that's just my opinion.