Home Technical Talk

Turning middle mouse snap off in Maya Quad Draw

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
LexiWhite polycounter lvl 3
Hi all!
I'm trying to rearrange some polygons in quad draw, but I'm getting a little frustrated with the snap feature. Is there a way to toggle this on/off? Also, if you see anything wrong in the topology, let me know!
Thanks!

Replies

• battlecow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    battlecow polycounter lvl 12
    Turn auto-weld off in the Quad draw options
  • LexiWhite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LexiWhite polycounter lvl 3
  • battlecow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    battlecow polycounter lvl 12
    you're welcome, you can also adjust the percentage so that it only snaps at a certain distance.
  • Progje
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progje null
    Hello, i have a question about snapping quad draw,  it seems that the points i put on my mesh are not snapping, i tried auto weld on and off and also the percentage, but my guess that's not for snapping but merging points that are closer together then the percentage you set it on.
    So i like to know if it is possible to snap the points to the under laying mesh on the vertices i want. Why i want this?  well i made my object in Marvelous Designer and we all know that program is not good with quads, anyway, the edges are okay so i started to put some dots on those vertices but they don't snap.  Please let me know thank you.

edit: i also tried "Snap to Backfaces" but that didn't snap also.

It would be awesome if we can draw a line and say i want 10 points on that line. Just like the CV Curve tool with snap to points on and then make 2 points and then say i want 10 points on the whole line. Then just move them how i want. Makes it a bit more easy.
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    bit hard to undestand your issue, can you post some pictures?
  • Progje
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progje null
    Not an issue just a question.  I want to snap the quad draw points to the vertices of the surface instead of snap just to the surface, not so hard to understand.
    Not needed to post a picture, because a picture won't explane what i am doing.
    thanks anyway. 

I guess the title of this topic is wrong then. This has nothing to do with snap, but merge. Sorry i asked in the wrong topic then.
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
    Ah.. just gave it a quick go. Looks like you can not snap to verteces using quad draw.

Normally when i want o snap to verteces i just hold down v and move stuff around, but this does not work.
    So really the only way I see we can do this is to use the move tool. So the fastest way to toggle this would be hit W> Hold down V> MMB+drag> Ctrl+Shift+Q.