Home General Discussion

Looking For A Good MMO Mouse

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
daniellooartist polycounter lvl 11
Hello everyone. I love hotkeys, but I always put them on the left side of my keyboard. Primarily because I don't want to keep moving my hand off the mouse and reorienting myself. It's seconds that add up to minutes that add up to hours. I know many of the high profile pros use these macro mice in order to resolve this problem. I feel that this is a justified investment.

Do you know if people prefer the MOBA mice with the wheel on the side or the ones with the number pad on the side? Which one feels more comfortable or practical?

This is the one I plan on getting. I also have a fingertip grip and already have a somewhat large mouse (Gigabyte Ghost).

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse

Replies

• PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    That's the exact same one I'm using now. It's pretty good for me; except that I can't quite comfortably use the 6 side buttons that are closer to me. Can only use the 6 further away side buttons.
  • daniellooartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Do you bind the harder to reach buttons to functions that are used less frequently?
  • Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    That's the one I use too! I love it. THe only bad thing I could say about it is that the driver software sometime bugs out and you have to restart it, but that happens rarely. It has a fourth big button besides RMB, which I've mapped to my Alt modifier key. I love it - I now use my right ring finger when working, which releases strain from my other fingers from pressing more stuff. 

I'm tempted to try a vertical mouse, but after working with 12 macro buttons at the reach of my right thumb, it hardly seems convenient speed-wise.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
     the one I use bit cheaper then the logitech one, I make full use of the keys, of course you prioritize your most used to the easiest to hit which I would say is the connecting 4 starting from the bottom front.

but its all about the economy of clicks, got my main tools on the easy to hit ones, secondary on the harder ones, and that programable fire button to the side of my click opens a pie menu in modo I just keep adding things to.

I would actually like to work my macros into more pie menus and get it more efficient at some point but yeah that is something for another day.

it takes a little getting used to btw and a tip I have is I wrote down the hotkeys to the corresponding number and order into a kind of table, and kept that on a 2nd monitor as reference until it was all drilled into me.

3 Ring         6 Bevel       9 loop slice    12 Undo
    2 Loop         5 add loop    8 Bridge    11 90% Edge weight
    1 select to    4 Copy Paste  7 Extend    10 Tack tool 

Edit:Oh and I also changed the DPI buttons to grow and shrink selections, usually I just want consistent DPI anyway.

my layout is like that, will probably change the tack tool and bevel at some point soon, bevel is just B afterall so no point in having it on 6, and tack I don't use much.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    I had a logitech g600 for over a year.  I got one in 2016ish and I eventually ran into the double click problem; half the time the left clicking would double click making modeling annoying.  I did like the fact that it had many buttons and it even had a 3rd click (g-shift).  I got a cosair scimitar to replace it, and its working as a fine replacement.  My only gripe was that I didn't have the g-shift click.

For those that don't know, when you click g-shift it remaps everything into a new set of customization hotkeys essentially doubling the amount of macros.

If there was an updated model of the g600 I probably would've gotten it over the cosair scimitar.

By the way, the logitech g600 is a mouse from 2012 so let that factor into your decision to buy.
  • daniellooartist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your input guys. I think I'll place in an order for the G600 later this month.
  • Jarran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarran polycounter lvl 11
    Ive had a razer naga for going on 7 years now and its perfect. I know people seem to have a bad opinion of the hardware but mine is showing no sign of giving up!