Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(WIP) Ciri Re-Design

sublime tool
Offline / Send Message
Biomag sublime tool
Currently I am working on the Ciri concept by Klaus Wittman (left one) as part of the GAI character boot camp.

Thanks to Ashley Sparling and Marcin Klicki as well as to Eric Bates for the feedback they constantly provide.

Replies

• Biomag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biomag sublime tool
    Finished the high poly except a few minor things I am still thinking about (not sure I will keep the hook and I probably add some more wear and tear), but first I want to get the low poly ready.

Here a link to the full res
  • Starboxx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Starboxx polycounter lvl 11
    Hi Biomag !

I'm not even close to be as good as you, but the shoulders look too large in my opinion (and this feeling is accentuated with shoulder plates). Otherwise, really nice cloth/armor sculpting. I'm jealous :D 
  • Biomag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biomag sublime tool
    Starboxx said:
    Hi Biomag !

I'm not even close to be as good as you, but the shoulders look too large in my opinion (and this feeling is accentuated with shoulder plates). Otherwise, really nice cloth/armor sculpting. I'm jealous :D 
    Yeah, I think you are spot on on the shoulders. Guess this is one of the things I didn't get out of the base mesh when I converted my male base mesh to a female. It is definitely an area that I will work on a lot for the next female model. I really need more practice with anatomy at this point :/

Regarding the armored versionI remember Marcin actually giving feedback he wanted it a bit wider than my original version. After the change both teachers didn't got back to it. I assume they want it this wide for the silhouette? Not sure. Might be they are waiting for the low poly to have me re-shape it.

In any case - thank you so much for taking the time to give feedback :)
  • Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    Hey man looking good! I think your cloth could use some more work. It looks kinda flat you don't have any variation in fold sizes at the cloth at the waist what makes it look kinda flat to me. i also think you should add the extra flap like in the concept. And the metal plates could use some more thickness. And the buttons should create some folds because they're pulling the fabric, also add some indent. Between the stitched could use some nice thick folds. I tried to give a really quick indication of what I mean.
  • Biomag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biomag sublime tool
    @Sunray: Hey, thanks for the feedback! You are right. I had stronger folds in there, but it got too noisy, so I flatened them out. But as you say it got too boring. I will push them all a bit more and maybe even add the binding on the sides that i completely missed out.

Thanks again!

Edit: Damn... I only now noticed that the version of the concept on artstation has a higher resolution than the full picture i got from her XD Ok, a bit more work before baking that part :smiley:
  • dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    Man, I really love the detail you got going on some of that armor. My first thought was that she seemed a bit older than Ciri when looking at her face. There's nothing wrong with that and I'm really digging the style of that face, but I'm thinking you can try making the eyes just slightly bigger and maybe move them down just a tad? If you did decide to go with a little younger look, you could also soften (but don't remove them completely) her crows-feet and some of her eye bags. This is kinda what I was thinking (but I accidentally smudged away the crows feet completely, so ignore that part).

It could also just be a style choice of mine coming through, but I wanted to mention how awesome this is looking. 
  • Biomag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biomag sublime tool
    dGreenberg  :

Hey man, thanks for the time you put into the feedback :)

The eyes were a topic during the course. Its a bit about ZBrush being odd I guess :D I had the discussion about the eye size and position with Marcin and it ended up with me taking this screen shot and messuring it as I wasn't sure were the issue was...

... but it turned out the difference is quite small, so he let it pass XD

I think a bit part of the issue is (besides ZBrush odd perspective) is the lack of hair and makeup. I will have to check again once the bakes are in to see if the low poly in Marmorset looks off. There are still a couple of things I might want to check about the face at that stage, but without proper cam and lights its hard to say :/

About the crow feet, yeah, might be they are making here look a bit older. I will see if I can squize them in :) I just finished doing the folds on the leather, but I need to get the bakes done by the beginning of the week XD

• dGreenberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dGreenberg polycounter
    Yeah man, completely understandable. I don't think it's something you really even need to change, especially if you're under a deadline and need to focus on other parts. Good luck moving forward with your bakes and I'm looking forward to seeing it all game-rez and posed.
  • Biomag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biomag sublime tool
    Finished the project - thanks for all the feedback!

Artstation - Additional Images
  • zbyszko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zbyszko polycounter lvl 7
    Cool the first image looks like photo.
  • Biomag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biomag sublime tool