Home Technical Talk

[ZBrush] separated zspheres symmetry

dlz
dlz
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
dlz polycounter lvl 4
I think it must be very basic but i didnt found how to do it. 
What i want is to make symetric zspheres but without conecting in the middle with another, there's a way to do it?

Something like this but without the middle zsphere to make things like horns or things like that separated. 

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    If they're symmetrical, you could focus on creating just one side, and then mirror it into a new subtool once finished. 
  • zachagreg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zachagreg ngon master
    What Cryid said, start on one side and zsphere that out onto the side of the head and then use symmetry/mirror after the fact.
  • dlz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dlz polycounter lvl 4
    hmmm i think i'll do that
    The problem is i wanted to make the two "horns" at the same time so i can see how it "reshape" the silouete of the head in real time when i do modifications. 
    Anyways thank you for the answers 
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Is there a particular reason you don't want them to be connected together if they are just horns? The center where they meet wont be visible through the skull, and you can always delete that part of the geometry after the zspheres have been converted to a polymesh. 
  • dlz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dlz polycounter lvl 4
    @cryrid well i thought it could be posible to model the zspheres, and i wanted to know if there was a way to model zspheres simetricaly on both sides but without conecting in the middle so i dont have to delete that part. 
    Anyways i was experimenting a bit and this is the option i like the most 

conecting the two horns with thin lines of zspheres