Home Technical Talk

Gmax - Rescale world units

Schizo
null
Offline / Send Message
Schizo null
I'm trying to edit a model from a game, but I'm running into a few issues.
I have 3ds Max, but the plugin that I need to use to import the model doesn't seem to work with 3ds Max, I can only get it working Gmax, sadly.

One of the changes I want to make to the model is scaling it up, as they are a bit short in the game. To resize it to how I want I need to set its animation scale to 1.15, then go to utilities>more>rescale world units, and scale that up to 1.15 also.

I got the model into Gmax, rescaled the animations to 1.15, but when I go to utilities, I can't click on the more button. It's there, but it's greyed out and un-clickable. Does Gmax just not have rescale world units, or am I making a stupid mistake somewhere? 

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
     If you have 3dsmax, how about scaling it in max, exporting an obj (or 3ds...), which you can probably import into Gmax, and then you can export from Gmax with the format you need.
  • Schizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Schizo null
    Obscura said:
     If you have 3dsmax, how about scaling it in max, exporting an obj (or 3ds...), which you can probably import into Gmax, and then you can export from Gmax with the format you need.
    It's a .mdl file, so I need the plugin nwmax to import it. I can't get nwmax to work with 3ds Max, I can only get it working in Gmax.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    MDL can be imported into 3dsmax.
  • Schizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Schizo null
    That's strange. I did this same thing about a year ago, but lost the files. Back then I had managed to get nwmax working with 3ds max somehow, but I can't seem to replicate it. I remember not being able to import the file I wanted. Is importing .mdl files new or something?

The model I'm trying to edit is named n_trandoshan-ascii.mdl, and is from kotor and kotor 2, if that's any help.