Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Unity5 pine forest environment scene

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
AnArtAccount polycounter lvl 4
My first environment scene in Unity5. All models are modeled and textured by myself. Since this is my first ever created scene, feedback is welcome! :)

Replies

• JamesArk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesArk polycounter lvl 10
    Great start.

The render looks...blurry? or like it's being softened a lot in the post-processing, which can be fine, but in this case I think it's too much and takes away from the realism of the scene.

The rocks look a little soft and formless - some more solid, defined shapes to them would help a lot.

Overall I think it's a bit busy and the values of the scene could be separated more, but for your first environment you're doing just fine. Post some other angles!
  • sharsein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sharsein polycounter lvl 9
    Nice, really impressive for a first environment. The thing that stands out the most to me is the grass on the bottom left seems is all going in the same direction, as if some sort of strong wind was blowing it, so you might want to change up the direction a bit more. The leaves on the small tree/bush on the left could use some more saturation to make them look less dry.
  • AnArtAccount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesArk said:
    Great start.

The render looks...blurry? or like it's being softened a lot in the post-processing, which can be fine, but in this case I think it's too much and takes away from the realism of the scene.

The rocks look a little soft and formless - some more solid, defined shapes to them would help a lot.

Overall I think it's a bit busy and the values of the scene could be separated more, but for your first environment you're doing just fine. Post some other angles!
    sharsein said:
    Nice, really impressive for a first environment. The thing that stands out the most to me is the grass on the bottom left seems is all going in the same direction, as if some sort of strong wind was blowing it, so you might want to change up the direction a bit more. The leaves on the small tree/bush on the left could use some more saturation to make them look less dry.
    Thanks for the advice! I will have a look at it and take it with me on my next environment projects! :)
  • AnArtAccount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here are 2 other shots from the scene. Again, thanks for the feedback!