Home Technical Talk

[3DS Max] Car Modeling/blueprints

KurtR
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
KurtR polycounter lvl 7
Is anyone familiar with the-blueprints and their accuracy? I bought a couple of blueprints and they seem at first glance pretty accurate, but when I do a couple of align tests I get things like shown in the image below? My "OCD" struggles with those things, but I am just seeing how common it might be to those familiar with blueprints from them,  and how people approach it. Guessing just basing it on reference images alone in the end?

And btw, aligning in Y/X in left view will distort it in other views, so I don't think I am aligning them wrongly, but If there's something I am missing in my approach, please let me know.

Replies

• Axi5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axi5 interpolator
    I suffer this a lot. After a while I realized that I prefer modeling from perspective shots, so I'm not fighting my internal demons. If something doesn't look correct in perspective, I'll correct it.

It's not the answer you're looking for, but I'm extending my annoyance and workaround on this matter too.

I'll usually only use blueprints for initial scales these days.
  • KurtR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KurtR polycounter lvl 7
    Axi5 said:
    I suffer this a lot. After a while I realized that I prefer modeling from perspective shots, so I'm not fighting my internal demons. If something doesn't look correct in perspective, I'll correct it.

It's not the answer you're looking for, but I'm extending my annoyance and workaround on this matter too.

I'll usually only use blueprints for initial scales these days.

Well, It actually helps hearing that someone else is suffering from the same annoyance. As you, I have been thinking during the day that I just need to wrap my mind around the need to treat blueprints very loosely. Modeling in perspective seems like a good idea, and I can still use the blueprints for two of the views to get a rough sketch in place.

Thanks for the input, Axi5.