Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Texturing is hard, right?

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Lilium triangle
Hey guys!

I've made this little bear to show support to a wonderful Twitch Streamer/SpeedrunnerSD  I love: GrandPooBear. And well, this is his bear.

I obviously had problems with texturing. I toggle in the UV Editor and used Sub-Material for the first time.

One version is poly and the other one has a turbosmooth on him.

And this is simply a screenshot because I think the background may still be too noisy.

Any tips or criticism is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JordanN
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    Your UV unwrap is showing warping/distortion on the bill of the hat. Without knowing what the topology looks like, you can easily resolve this by using a pelt map or unwrap planar (so it's facing the camera. I don't think anyone will see what's underneath).

For the texture, maybe just use flat colors instead? The texture you have right now is very low resolution and makes the model feel antiquated (is it suppose to be fur?). I would invest more time in just rendering it with better lighting.
  • Lilium
    Offline / Send Message
    Lilium triangle
    Alright, I'll try it soon, thanks guys! It's true that I used a very low resolution texture since I used the texture on the reference image so no it's not really fur,  it feels like it's an colored asphalt texture. 

@TeriyakiStyle I put the reference on the background of my models. You can see it twice on the first image! :smile: