Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Met's Modelling Week (Timelapses and all!)

Metemer
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Metemer vertex
Heya polycount. My name is Demeter Dzadik and I'm an 18 years old UK college graduate, and in an attempt to fancify my portfolio I decided to make a model a day. Then I got a good grasp of that concept's issues, so now it's just a "do a lot of stuff every day" whether that means completing half of a complex model or 15 small models. Point is, I'm modelling a lot of stuff this week! Anyway, Thursday is last day so I'll post all the stuff I did so far, and post the rest when it's done. I also make timelapses of some of them! I'm new at that too so they might not be that great, but getting better for sure.

I'm still not sure if I want to do the same thing next week or if I want to have a Substance Designer week. The latter would be useful for sure but I'm a bit scared to diversify since everyone is screaming "SPECIFY IN ONLY ONE THING, EVER, OR YOU'LL NEVER GET HIRED AND DIE" at my face, so that's always encouraging! Some advice regarding this would be appreciated. My aims right now in terms of skills and career are hard surface modelling and texturing.

Critique is welcome, but keep in mind that in this case the time I put in is important, so for example telling me that I could "add X and Y" is not that useful, because I'm working with time limits. What is useful is "You could've done this differently and it would've been better just as quickly, or just as good but a lot faster". For example on the keyboard model I did the lettering as mesh, when I probably could've done it through textures a lot easier, and I also wasted time modelling the bottom of the keys for some reason that god only knows.

So here we go!
Day 01: Daedric Sword - Artstation, Timelapse

model

Day 02 - Gaming Keyboard - Artstation, Timelapse

Day 03-04 - Westwood ElDorado Revolver - Artstation - Concept by Thomas Ripoll Kobayashi

model

Day 05 - Wall Lantern - Artstation, Timelapse

model

Today is day 6 and I haven't decided what to do yet.

Replies