Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My mech. I think this is a failure. But need critiques please.

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Dks13632725 polycounter lvl 3

No idea about my mech. I referenced tor fricks mech, and zbrush heavymech.

Replies

• Dks13632725
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • igi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    igi polycounter lvl 12
    Looks good, more practice will make it better. btw your grid size is huge, as it says 5km on the bottom right. That means your mech is kilometers large right now. You need to fix your scale issue and work at correct scale.
  • Dks13632725
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    igi said:
    Looks good, more practice will make it better. btw your grid size is huge, as it says 5km on the bottom right. That means your mech is kilometers large right now. You need to fix your scale issue and work at correct scale.
    Thx for the feedback. I'm gonna fix it.
  • Metemer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Metemer vertex
    I am no expert, but I'll try some CC!

It seems your modelling skills are perfectly fine, but the design has flaws. The high detail density on the legs attracts the eyes, but then the eyes are left with nothing really. I think it would have benefited the design to have an equal density of detail across the model, and then something specific to draw focus: The head(having eyes would make this easy), a cockpit, or some guns. Those are things our brains find interesting, at least mine! Legs however, not really. It kinda looks like you were on the right track but got super exhausted. I wouldn't be surprised!

I hope that helps! By the way the detailing on the legs is awesome regardless, good job!
  • Dks13632725
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Metemer said:
    I am no expert, but I'll try some CC!

It seems your modelling skills are perfectly fine, but the design has flaws. The high detail density on the legs attracts the eyes, but then the eyes are left with nothing really. I think it would have benefited the design to have an equal density of detail across the model, and then something specific to draw focus: The head(having eyes would make this easy), a cockpit, or some guns. Those are things our brains find interesting, at least mine! Legs however, not really. It kinda looks like you were on the right track but got super exhausted. I wouldn't be surprised!

I hope that helps! By the way the detailing on the legs is awesome regardless, good job!
    Ok thanks for your critiques. You made my day m8
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    I like where it's going. Bipedal mechs tend to look very similar so I'd suggest blocing out the rest of the [upper] forms before detailing any further. Work out a midpoly version of the full design. That way you can avoid backtracking if things don't come together right and can keep a more consistent looking design throughout. Furthermore, try to exaggerate your design a bit to make sure it has enough creative appeal. From how you handled the legs I have no doubt you'll come up with something nice. 
  • Dks13632725
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Thx for your feedbacks. Reforming mech now..