Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique?

KellyKryspin
triangle
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
KellyKryspin triangle
Hey Working on a new project, the arches and trim have a base color but I would love a critique on the rest.

Replies

• RustySpannerz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RustySpannerz polycounter lvl 14
    Looking good so far, I like the roughness variation on the floor. The normal bumpiness might be a little strong on wooden wall panels, but overall looks good I think. Should look really nice with more props and proper lighting! 
  • Beard3D Bandit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beard3D Bandit polycounter lvl 7
    Looking really awesome! are you using any real life references? It could be cool to see some of the wallpaper peeling from the walls.

how did you go about doing the walls? do you have textures to show? :)

• Shyralon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shyralon polycounter lvl 11
    The meshes and materials are looking really good!
    One thing that I would do is change the light to a more plausible setup (this might just be placeholder lighting for know so my critique might be irrelevant).
    Currently, the light has no plausible source and feels like point lights scattered along the corridor - you have this nice, big window at the end of the corridor, maybe light it mainly through the incoming light through this window= This might also cast a nice shadow through the window frame. Also, you could place another window or door at the side way and have some light coming from there as well.
    Just an idea :)
  • griffitii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    griffitii greentooth
    I'd get more definition in the walls. Make it look like the wall paper is on top of the concrete and add some depth to the concrete itself. Add mesh detail for this if you can otherwise a normal map will suffice. I'd also break up the floor with some broken planks or a rug or two.