Home Technical Talk

A Maya Beginner here....

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
arun_WASD polycounter lvl 4
Hi guys. I just started Maya a few days before. I really wanna get into character modeling , so anyone who has been using Maya please guide me on where to start and suggest some good youtube channels or tutorial websites. I'm really passionate about 3d Character Modeling.
Thank You 

Replies

• CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    First begin with modeling, understand the tools and what they do and how you can do what you want.  
  • Phillipsa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phillipsa null
    Hi, I'm also totally new to 3D. I'm finding PluralSight really useful. It's kind of annoying that you have to pay a subscription but the tutorials are quite thorough. There's a lot of stuff on YouTube as well.  I found this forum really good as people actually respond to questions too and are pretty helpful. Maya tends to do something different to the tutorial video every so often and it's never quite as easy as the guy with 10 years experience makes it out to be.

good luck!
  • arun_WASD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Phillipsa said:
    Hi, I'm also totally new to 3D. I'm finding PluralSight really useful. It's kind of annoying that you have to pay a subscription but the tutorials are quite thorough. There's a lot of stuff on YouTube as well.  I found this forum really good as people actually respond to questions too and are pretty helpful. Maya tends to do something different to the tutorial video every so often and it's never quite as easy as the guy with 10 years experience makes it out to be.

good luck!
    Thank you and i've sub'd to plural sight too
    Cheers
  • RS7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RS7 polycounter lvl 3
    arun_WASD said:
    i've sub'd to plural sight too
    That is a good start. Lots of introduction to Maya eg.. tutorial. Just watch those for some time till you get fair understanding how that program works. But for te future sake, you should keep your eye on other software as well. Zbrush is essential nowadays if you want to become a char artist. Maya is more like assembly and traditional box modeling software, it is good for that. But lots of actual heavy lifting is done outside Maya. Maya is good. Im using it. It gets better and better. Xgen and Arnold ftw. 

Good luck!
  • arun_WASD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RS7 said:
    arun_WASD said:
    i've sub'd to plural sight too
    That is a good start. Lots of introduction to Maya eg.. tutorial. Just watch those for some time till you get fair understanding how that program works. But for te future sake, you should keep your eye on other software as well. Zbrush is essential nowadays if you want to become a char artist. Maya is more like assembly and traditional box modeling software, it is good for that. But lots of actual heavy lifting is done outside Maya. Maya is good. Im using it. It gets better and better. Xgen and Arnold ftw. 

Good luck!
    Thank you. :smiley: