Home Technical Talk

ZBrush | insertmesh alignment

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
dakka polycounter lvl 5
So i created a new insertmesh brush and im trying to apply it to a cylinder with radial symmetry, but the alignment seems off, im terrible at explaining my issues so here is some visual aid

This is what im trying to achive

This is what i get basically 

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    When creating insert brushes you need to make sure that the canvas is aligned orthoganally as this is how the mesh will be created on the surface normal, perpendicular. As a rule I will create brushes with Z positive forward and X positive screen right.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    To switch between perspective and orthographic view hit the perspective button on the right tool bar, or press 'P' on the keyboard.
  • dakka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dakka polycounter lvl 5
    kanga said:
    To switch between perspective and orthographic view hit the perspective button on the right tool bar, or press 'P' on the keyboard.
    i am in orthographic when i create the brush and try to apply it

When creating insert brushes you need to make sure that the canvas is aligned orthoganally as this is how the mesh will be created on the surface normal, perpendicular. As a rule I will create brushes with Z positive forward and X positive screen right.

I have done this, though not taking in account the location of my  Z or X axis