Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Props and wip scene made for my portfolio (crtique and feedback wanted so i can improve what is bad)

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Trojactus polycounter lvl 5
Hi everyone my name is Abid Becirevic im 18 yearold self taught enviroment and prop artist (atleast i call my self that :D )and  this is my first ever topic on polycount so I wanted to show you the props i made for my upcoming portfolio.I have 2 more scenes 1 in unreal engine 4 and another one in cryengine 5(i like to show that i can work more than one engine) and those ones are going to come one soon.
My artstation : https://www.artstation.com/artist/abid_becirevic
My video i made for these props : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-N8_SPiNe4&t=6s
Thanks to anyone  that replies in front because i respect everyones opinion  :)

Replies

• Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Stuff is good for your age, just do more and you'll do fine. Try get some better lightning tho, its very low contrast and dimmed. 
    Also a small scene is always much cooler than a single prop. Instead of revolver, put it on a wood desk texture + some bullets, instead of chair only, add a can of energy drink and a helmet etc. Its 30% extra work but looks 100% better 
  • Tzur_H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H polycounter lvl 9
    Shrike said:
    Stuff is good for your age, just do more and you'll do fine. Try get some better lightning tho, its very low contrast and dimmed. 
    To add to that, I suggest going through the technical forum, or over the Wiki, and learn a bit more about the technical aspects of game art (assuming that's what you're after?)  Your topology on the low polys could use quite a lot optimisation for instance.
  • Trojactus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tzur_H said:
    Shrike said:
    To add to that, I suggest going through the technical forum, or over the Wiki, and learn a bit more about the technical aspects of game art (assuming that's what you're after?)  Your topology on the low polys could use quite a lot optimisation for instance.
    Thanks for the tips i really liked the idea of making mini scenes and for topology thats probably on sebilj because of 50k i know that its little bit high but the high poly was around 300k so i guess still not that bad athough i guess i can make it lower also really appriciate your answer and later today i will post rest of my work so that i can get more tips have a nice day ;)
  • Trojactus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is one of the scenes im working in ue4 for my portfolio piece the cables on the computer are fixed also would like to get some feed back on it
    Im kinda not sure about the door but ill leave that to you guys ahhahahah and the tv workscastle that is going to be in cryengine still kinda not done but im importing and fixing textures.
    Most of my textures are made in substance designer and painted in substance painter.If you want to see that work i would gladly show you guys.
    Hoping for more feed back i know lot of this work is wip but i think you guys can see where its going.Thanks in front for a reply.