Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Poppy League Of Legends WIP

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
siobhandeswardt polycounter lvl 6
I know I haven'mt posted since March last year but I decided that right after studies I'll buckle down to complete here... and here I've come this far.

The shield, hair and armor need a little more refinement, but so far I'm very pleased!

Replies

• Chronicle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chronicle polycounter lvl 5
    I would use a less specular material for the hammer, then just paint in more of the highlights if you're going for that sort of style.  Looks a little plasticy so far.  Really like the face though, especially the eyes.
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Good start but I think you need to refine some shapes and textures.  It's hard to tell from this but are you normal mapping this or just using hand paint diffuse for the final?

As far as refinement I'll run with the hammer.    The material definition makes it look like it is a plastic prop at the moment.  Because of this it is hard to tell what the hammer is made of.  Is it stone or is it metal?  The specular highlight either needs to be cleaned up or take it down entirely (if hand painted).  The hammers head feels really loose as well.  It feels super smooth on the edges where I feel it should be tightened up a bit.  Cloth wrap on the handle should maybe overlap itself a bit?  Right now they look perfectly circular.  Also it could be cool to model in some of the cloth to give a nice silhouette.  Would use more polys but would give it more style and character.