Home Technical Talk

Vray Reflection Problem, Please help!

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Posting a link to another site and then posting links on that site to another site...that then requires typing to view your images is probably why you're not getting replies. I'd like to help but don't want to have to go through all that.

Just paste your question from the other site to here and directly link the images into the post from Photobucket or the like.
  • Nerono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerono polycounter lvl 5
    I have 3 maps connected to 3 channels on a Vray Mtl:
    1) Diffuse Color >> 
    2) Reflection Color >> 
    3) Amount >> 
    but for some reason the render looks like this (The goal is to make the crown shiny)

I really need help, I am using Maya, Thank you!!
    If you want you can add me on skype to help me with my issue, yaniv106 is my nickname on skype, thank you!
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's still linking to CGA site that requires typing and registration.... Just copy the image url from CGA and use the little paper with the folded corner icon to link your images directly into your post here.
  • Nerono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerono polycounter lvl 5
    It's still linking to CGA site that requires typing and registration.... Just copy the image url from CGA and use the little paper with the folded corner icon to link your images directly into your post here.
    Sorry for just copying and pasting it, was using my phone, I have fixed my last comment, thank you :D
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You got it! :)

Looks like you have your glossiness set quite low. The key to good reflections is what they are actually reflecting. So your lights/environment have to be set up properly.

The material is plastic so it wouldn't have a gold reflection colour. Only metals derive their reflection colour from their colour(in 3D rendering/shading terms)

Try disabling the reflection amount and colour maps and testing the result. And set the glossiness to .9 or so.
    Also, you would be better off either using a blend material to mask off the crown part to it's own material, or else create a geometry decal completely separately of the bottle.