Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(Posetastic) Using my own app for quick 3D character art and animation concepts.

Clear_Mind
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Clear_Mind null
Hi all!  Hope your having a great start to the holiday season. I'm an artist and designer of creative apps, looking for advice, collaborations and feedback on a character art and animation app I've been creating over the last few years 'Posetastic!'.

I've always struggled with getting the proportions right on a figure and all the existing tools were either to simplistic (wooden mannequin) or to complex (industry standard software) or too un-intuitive to use. So decided to hold off on the illustration front and learn to design app using Unity visual scripting - the goal was to create my ideal tool for learning art fundamentals.

The final result is a poseable mannequin for the iPad - 'Posetastic!'.  I made sure that the poses can be exported either as BVH or simple OBJ model, ready for integration with 3d software. I'm currently trying to find the optimal workflow between the my app and game engines as well as industry standard animation software. 

I'm handling all the design and marketing etc and am looking for helpful feedback on how useful it may be for character design and animation related work.  Eventually I'd like to be able to do proper concept art myself, but that will take a little time.  I'm going to start a Twich stream and perhaps Patreon soon, an in the meanwhile would be very appreciative of any feedback or tweets etc letting fellow artists now that Posetastic exists, and currently on sale.

Have a superb holiday!
Best regards,
Mark

Videos
www.posetasticapp.com
twitter.com/PosetasticApp
instagram.com/posetasticapp/

Replies

• Clear_Mind
    Hi All, hope you're having a superb Xmas! 

Here is a quick example of the workflow I'm creating from Posetasic to 3d Coat.  I'm trying to create a very intuitive way to iterate super quick poses and have them ready for sculpting/rendering within minutes.
    The exportable base mesh is created in Houdini, and I'm working on more detailed meshes for the next update - both skinned and separated meshes. This seems a  good way to generate character art ideas. The . Obj can be easily  imported into Photoshop as 3d layer for paint-overs as well as any 3d sculpting software.  The only solution for exporting the whole rig is with FBX export, which will take some technical wizardry from the coder I'm working with - it's a future feature for sure.

I'm looking for sculptors to try this workflow out. Feel free to request a pose if you don't have an iPad I'll send you the .OBJ  There is a Small/Medium/Large version of the exportable mannequin that can be easily selected on the iPad. 

Looking forward to hearing you thoughts.
    Kind regards, 
    Mark

p.s The PC version will have to wait until I can get more funds and app awareness as have been working on this for 3 and half years on a 'no shoe strings' budget.