Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Substance Feedback

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
elros37 polycounter lvl 4
Hi

Here is my first attempt to create a stylised texture using substance designer.
I wanted to get some feedback before creating more stylised materials.

Below is the two version of my material :

Here are my maps (in order : roughness, normal, diffuse) for the wood base.

At least my graph setup and a link to my sbs files here .

Replies

• elros37
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi,
    During my weekend i worked on my stone brick material, i would like have some advise and feedbacks on it.
    here are the results :

• elros37
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah and here is a little bonus :) because i had a little of spare time today i finished this old lava texture who was made from baked sculpt.

• NoRank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NoRank polycounter lvl 3
    Looks good so far. Maybe the stone brick textures could be a bit more stylized, something like a brighter color or less dirt on it IMO. 
  • GeoCat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GeoCat polycounter lvl 7
    That lava material is fantastic! I do agree though that the bricks could use a similar treatment with some deeper grout, and slightly broader edge wear on the bricks. 
  • elros37
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi thanks for the replies,

I think that i'll work on a methode to bring out the curvature map from my height map using substance. With this curvature map i should be able to hightlight the hards edge of the brick texture to make it match the style.

And yeah, i'll work too on the color of the bricks, i think that a blueish color would be good, but before that i'll reduce the noise on the bricks and create a dirt material that would appear in the gaps.
    I'll post the changes this week.
  • elros37
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey i am back !

As previous as a new user of substance designer i ask you some feedbacks to improve myself.

Here are my Brick texture and my wood texture retouched to match the style

For the brick texture i reduced the over all noise and added some other noise (cracks and holes) , i also added light on the hard edges with a curvatur map.

For the wood texture i only modified the colors and cleaned the node (it was a big mess)

And at last i created 2 generators the first create more or less crack and holes and the second is a rock generator that i ll use for a dirt/rocky ground.

• elros37
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi ! It's been a while since i posted here.

Today i post here a water substance inspired from "Zelda the wind waker" and it's animated !
    But i have some issues with the animated substance, i can't figure how to make it smoother and usable for video game.