Home Technical Talk

Xgen Fur Issue No Geometry Found

GarryO
null
Offline / Send Message
GarryO null
Issue 1
Trying to create description on multiple objects (identical such as legs but with different names). When selecting all the objects and creating a description the first object will have the fur working (yellow stuff appearing to edit with) while the rest of the selected objects won't with an error

File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2016\plug-ins\xgen\scripts\xgenm\ui\tabs\xgenMRUI.py", line 272, in xgmrRefresh
#     cnx = cmds.listConnections(nExistsName + ".miGeoShader")
# ValueError: No object matches name: NAME|NAME|xgmr:geoshader.miGeoShader

Issue 2
One of the descriptions I have been working on for quite some time (opening and reopening of different computers) has suddenly stopped working (on the same computer it was working an hour ago). By stopped working I mean the yellow stuff (allowing you to edit fur) has disappeared visibility on or off, and unhidden in outliner.  When selecting a brush/grooming tool an error appears following:

// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2016/plug-ins/xgen/scripts/igBrushContextSelect.mel line 72: No geometry found for groom_DESCRIPTIONNAME // 

Side note, first post couldn't find much on internet if wrong place or missed a site that has this my bad.

Replies

• GarryO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarryO null
    Some extra things to add that might help, the objects that says no geo found have a distinct name, as well as I have as well been playing with shaders/material with fur that might have contributed to the issue ex I have made some custom attributes, created maps in primitive colour and created new materials applied onto mesh and fur related to render man (converting uv texture into ptex to texture fur).

Edit: Some more things that might help, I have always set project before opening the file, I also have two other descriptions on the same mesh (different faces) which work perfectly, if I go back a few saves I am able to edit the fur as normal. (Feels like the saves are before messing with shading/textures however I have encountered this before without touching the shading stuff which is why I don't think it is from that and ended up restarting) (All for issue 2 this para.) ALSO the preview still works of what I had, except I would still need to restart if I watched to change what I wanted the preview to look like. Clearing and previewing still works just not the visibility of the yellow stuff to groom/edit.
    Any help would be immensely appreciated!! 
  • oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    xgen does not work with multiple objects... cause the ptex files are using the same name as the object...
    im wondering how did you get it working in the beginning..?

• GarryO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarryO null
    oglu said:
    xgen does not work with multiple objects... cause the ptex files are using the same name as the object...
    im wondering how did you get it working in the beginning..?

In a clean scene I can apply still apply a description to 3 small cubes working fine (including creating a map and painting on all 3, previewing it). I still think you might be right since it does make sense thank you. Issue #2 is still the main concern as I don't have time to restart and likely to get it again.  Thanks for your input.