Home Technical Talk

Maya-Photoshop UVs dont match

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Stu2Prof polycounter lvl 6
So here is an image of my screen.... I'm quite confused.
[IMG][/img]WwGkkuz.jpg
I'm not sure quite how to solve this change between softwares. I used Maya and photoshop to roughly paint the texture and did some final corrections in mudbox before re-exporting the obj but for some reason when I take a UV snapshot in Maya and import it into Photoshop the layout of the texture and UV lines doesn't add up. Has anyone else had a similar issue? It isn't a very large problem as the UVs in Maya workout fine but I would like to understand the reason for this anomaly in case it causes problems in the future.

All help very much appreciated!
Best regards
Studtoprof

Replies

• jordanimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I personally am not that familiar with Mudbox, but it looks like the UVs match correctly but the texture map shifted to the left. I can kind of tell on the right side of the Photoshop screen that the map looks like it was duplicated and then moved to the left. Or was that your doing to correct it?
  • seb3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seb3d polycounter lvl 11
    maybe it´s because you have a flattened version of your ps layers which is slightly moved to the left. if that was on purpose you should load this version in maya where you´ve loaded a different image right now;)
  • Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    If these are uv snapshots in a .png format, or a format that saves out with an alpha and you copy paste it from the snapshot image to your texture file, it will be offset. When pasting use ctrl+shift+v to paste in the same location, or save your uv snapshot out as a jpeg so that it is a solid image with black, then set it to screen blending mode in ps.
  • Stu2Prof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stu2Prof polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks for the help guys I've managed to fix the issue now! Everything working fine.
  • SanderDL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SanderDL polycounter lvl 7
    If you want to keep using images with alpha, you can also open the UV in a seperate document. Then drag the UV layer to the other document while holding shift. This will place the UV layer in the exact same spot as it was.
  • kmtk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kmtk polycounter lvl 2
    I was having an issue with UVs not matching up in Photoshop after sending out a UV snapshot and came across this thread. Ended up fixing it by selecting UV range 0 to 1 instead of entire range when exporting the snapshot. Hope this helps someone else.