Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Alex's Work thread

Vhaerune
null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Vhaerune null
Heyo,

I'm currently a student at Hertfordshire University studying Games Art.

Relatively new to the whole forum posting but I would appreciate any feedback or critique of my work from the numerous talented experts that are on the forum and be as harsh as you like in any feedback that you give =)

Replies

• Vhaerune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vhaerune null
    Currently i'm working on a scene that is an adaptation of a TV show which will be taken into Unreal 4.

Moodboard

My current progress of the section of the kitchen,

Relatively low polly at the moment until I have the full scene complete and start baking the maps in Substance.
  • Vhaerune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vhaerune null
    Update on scene progress
    approx 50 hours of work (Other side of room is almost identical to the image shown)

Built in and rendered in Maya, so as to ensure correct scaling of objects in the scene before being sent to Unreal 4, Majority of the asserts are complete with only a handful left before splitting off the models to be uved and textured/baked in the following week.
  • Vhaerune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vhaerune null
    Adding basic textures in Substance painter for the scene so I can get to work on refining them Later this week.

The pipes should have a damaged paint look to them although i'm not sure about the amount of rust that is in the exposed areas and the obvious UV issue on the left pipe.

Hoping to create a worn/used copper pot look which i think currently its a little too clean around the mid section and I would like to add some more discoloration.

Left is meant to be a Chinese cooking pot like object from what research i have found based on the reference images from the show although i'm not liking the overall look of the steel material and might opt for Iron instead. The metal Jar to the right is brush steel which i'm quite happy with except for the top which looks a little odd not entirely sure why just yet.

My Clay pan material Made from references going more for the matte look as that seems to fit better with what I've seen on the show, not completely sure if the color or the texture is totally accurate will have to look more into clay kitchenware references.

• Vhaerune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vhaerune null
    Slowly adding the assets to the scene

• Vhaerune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vhaerune null
    Current WIP of a head/bust (First attempt at any kind of anatomy in a sculpting program) learning as i go about what works and what doesn't.