Home General Discussion

A site like ArtStation but focused on Animation...

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Blond polycounter lvl 9
Hey pals. It's been a long time since my last post here (been mostly active on the animation forum). Gone through a very busy summer . Hopefully, I'll be able to post more of my personal work here.

Now, to get to the point, Though I'm no character modeler/designer, concept artist or environment artist, I do enjoy poking a fewl looks time to time on ArtStation. Every time, the front page is riddled with mindblowing inspirationnal designs and work, it's incredible.

And unlike other art sites like DeviantArt, it's not full of amateurish work you have to filter. Most of the artowork on ArtStation always have this ''experienced artist'' or ''professionnal work'' feel.

I wonder if there was any site similar to artstation in terms of consistency and quality but focused animations, both 3D/Digital and traditionnal...

There's the animation forum here and 11secondclub (but it's contest focused) but alot of it is WIP's and mostly and only 3D work...

Sad that no one took the opportunity to create a site like this...

Replies

• Magihat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Magihat ngon master
    Blond said:
    And unlike other art sites like DeviantArt, it's not full of amateurish work you have to filter. Most of the artowork on ArtStation always have this ''experienced artist'' or ''professionnal work'' feel.
    I present to you the "Latest" section https://www.artstation.com/artwork?sorting=latest

What Artstation has is filters to not keep the amateurish stuff front and center and it is also curated in a way that exceeds Deviantart by miles.

This does not answer your question but there is animation on Artstation (since they are quite generous about embedding video) and I am sure they would be happy to see more.
  • Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    Well, following your advice, I filtered the search results to ''animation'' with video only...and there's really not much to see...The level of submitted work is abysmall compared to what you see for still artworks...

I'm not asking a for finished work, maybe just a few pencil tests or rough...
  • Magihat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Magihat ngon master
    Well that should not really come as a surprise, should it? Just look at the showcase & critique sub-forums here at polycount and you will see that animation only have 3.5K replies while 3D has nearly 525K replies, while the users on these sites are different it is pretty telling of the overall amount of people who does animation is way lower than those doing stills.
  • VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    The 11 second club has a lot of good eye candy. http://www.11secondclub.com/

• Blond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blond polycounter lvl 9
    11secondclub is contest focused...