Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for feedback on my first Portfolio

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Macolik polycounter lvl 6
Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to switch industries (from architecture) and I was hoping you guys could help me out with my portfolio. Any sort of feedback would be very helpful. 

I know it's very WW2 heavy but i haven't had the chance to work on any other theme  (other than the stuff i did 2-3 years ago).

Portfolio:
https://kaanc.com/

Replies

• jaker3278
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaker3278 polycounter lvl 8
    I think your portfolio shows some solid modeling techniques. I like the theme you have running through it so far. The question is where do you want to take it from here? What do you like to model? what artists do you like? 
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    You should show off the wireframe and texture maps as well. They really want to see how well you know your stuff.

And I think usually they count how many 'Triangles', not 'Verticies' the model has.  

As for the texture; I think you can push for more contrast in all of them; either from the texture/material itself, or from lighting of the scene. Or both.  

• Macolik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macolik polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks for the comments!

@jaker3278 good questions...Maybe sci fi? I'd like to go back to my roots someday :) I'm not sure yet tbh. I always felt like i was more of a generalist so I'm not sure on what I'd like to specialize.

@PyrZern yes i shall do that. Thanks!