Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: transparent glass

Ricky K.
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Ricky K. polycounter lvl 7
If this is not the right forum, please tell me where to post non technical questions. When I apply glass material to my windshield and windows material id and decrease the opacity, it only decreases it but does not become transparent or see through. I want to give a little bit of transparency.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey rikrok!

I'll need more specifics here. Are you applying a glass material in UE4? Is this in Unity, 3DS Max, etc. Are you using SUITE or is this a question for another tool?
  • Ricky K.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am using SUITE. This vehicle I am making is a part of game showreel. It is created in 3ds max. After my painting process I am going to render it in 3do (still/turntable). I am not going to import it in a game engine such as UE4 or Unity. But as export target needs to be selected in Ddo project creation process, I have randomly selected UE4 as export target (This is first time I am using Suite, so please tell me if I am doing anything wrong here). If you need any more info please let me know. Thanks
  • Ricky K.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    and the Id preset is set to - None
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    To display transparency in 3DO, you need to use DDO's menu --> Add New Map --> Opacity. Adjust the settings in the new Opacity map to your particular tastes. Click on the desired object for transparency in 3DO, select the display method you'd prefer to use. That should work!
  • Ricky K.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, I will try this option in my next project.