Zazie null

Final Images

3D Turnaround on My Artstation

Replies

• Zazie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zazie null
    Hello everyone, I'm new in this forum and want to share my latest work with you. 

The character:
    It is a Pokemontrainer called Nebu Ladarque. She is a teenage girl who lost her parents in a tragic accident. The only thing left to her in memory of her parents, is a necklace of her mother. Her foster parents didn't get along with her, because she was a loud and stubborn child. She ran away and got lost. Her loneliness and her despair attracted other forsaken souls. These ghost type pokemon became friends with her and gave her new strength. 

The workingprocess:

Actually it wasn't clear who she is from the beginning. It began with a quick sketch of a head for a traditional sculpting course. This sculpting turned out really bad, but I somehow liked the drawing and decided to do it again in zBrush. Because this head turned out so much better I also wanted to give her a complete body. After that I wanted to know what other people think about it and got a crit session of UnicornDev a twitch streamer. Her crits helped me a lot and with this I was able to improve my work. 

After this first round There were plenty of things I liked, like the color scheme and her hair. What I didn't like, were her proportions. At the beginning she was planned to be much smaller, more into a chibi direction but I didn't want to go there anymore. So I changed the proportions.

This is nearly the final highpolymodel, just some small changes were made on her left arm, while I was retopologizing her. 

The necklace is still missing, I added it at the end, because UnicornDev stated there is too much skin on the final render. So she gave me the hint to add a necklace, what was great because I was able to add more story to the character.
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Nice! That finished shot is really cool. Does she have the same facial expression for each pose? How'd you do ghastlys gas? 
    Her legs seem really far apart in the a pose. 
    Very cool!
  • Zazie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zazie null
    Thanks man^^ ghastlys gas are just some plain planes with a smoke texture. In the final Image I added another smoke texture in photoshop. Here is the final Render without Photoshop and wireframes. 
    On https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4P864 you can view the model with marmorsetviewer as 3D turnaround and check the topology and maps.^^

• shayleen_hulbert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shayleen_hulbert interpolator
    Congrats on completing it Zazie! She looks Fabu! <3 
  • Zazie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zazie null
    All thanks to you Uni. It really helps a lot if someone else takes a look and criticize it. But you already know.^^