Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Unusual Color ID Not Detecting

Ginsplosion
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Ginsplosion polycounter lvl 2
Right so I've been using DDO for quite a while now and never had any issues when it comes to using a plethora of colors in the ID map.

However, upon making some normal/color ID map changes I've attempted to re render the project with said new ID map only after a while rerendering (quite a large project, at least to me) it simply seems to revert to the problematic ID map.

When I select the new ID map to rerender (a TGA, 32 bit - same as I always use and same as the previous one just with a minor color change) it shows in the preview window so I know it's the correct one.

I've tried several color variations now to ensure it's not color specific.

Any idea what could be causing this?

- Wayne

Replies

• Ginsplosion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's also worth mentioning the color ID changes show in 3DO but simply don't take any new smart materials / standard materials yet when I check the ID map in Photoshop itself it shows the out of date one.

I've reloaded SUITE several times to no avail.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    DDO will convert any file format other than *.PNG to that format. One issue we're fixing going forward is that it isn't overwriting the old ID.* with a new *.PNG, so it loads the old *.PNG it created if the filenames never changed. A simple fix to this is to either re-save your IDs as a new *.TGA with a different name, or simply overwrite the *.PNG that DDO created and reimport that. :)
  • Ginsplosion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for that. Yeah I was aware of the .PNG conversion it's just habit that I tend to work with .TGA's haha.

I'll try it out later and let you know if it works - I assume it will as you seem to know exactly what the problem is.