Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

A.M.U.N Robot

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    You high poly for this:

Did you sketch the HP at all, and if so, did you end up having to retopologize all the elements for the final high poly model to get the clean edges, etc.?
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    That is one cool looking robot. has some sort of Evangelion meets Destiny/Halo vibe going on that im really loving.
  • Yuri_Nereta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You high poly for this:

Did you sketch the HP at all, and if so, did you end up having to retopologize all the elements for the final high poly model to get the clean edges, etc.?

Thanks for answer!
    Step1: At first I use ZBrush for concepting. In the beginning I used ZSphere, its easier manipulate with large mass, then use dynamesh with Move, Clay, hPolish brushes.
    Step2: I went to 3Ds Max and retoped this ZBrush model, for retop I use standart retop tools in the Max (Ribbon-Freeform-Polydraw), only palm I retop with ZRemesher cause I have not much time :(, then I use OpenSubdives modifier with Creaseset modifier to get soft edges. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cy3niOZ7nA

Step3: I came back to ZBrush with HP from 3DsMax and add details, for this i used my custom brushes with alphas.

Step4: For Lowpoly i used previously retoped model for HP, but with some fixes. The only part that I have not fixed it was the palm :). LowPoly model has 30k polys.

Step5: UVs created and edited in UVLayout.
    Step6: NM I baked in 3Dsmax, I used "Hit Only Matching Material ID", that's mean that lowpoly with specific ID will bake only that parts of HP wich have the same IDs. IDs I assigned in ZBrush, it works more stable with HP. AO I baked in XNormal, very easy to use.
    Step7: For texturing I used Quixel Suite, it also bake such map as Gradient Map and Object Spase Map.
    Step8: Render was made in Marmoset Toolbag 2.

If you have any more questions, I'm happy to answer!

• pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    Wow thanks for the break down, very cool model! :proud:
  • Yuri_Nereta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet said:
    That is one cool looking robot. has some sort of Evangelion meets Destiny/Halo vibe going on that im really loving.
    Thank you! Love this anime, Destiny and Halo looking awesome, love this projects too.
    Wow thanks for the break down, very cool model! :proud:
    No problem! I am happy that this post has helped someone.