Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Please, crits welcomed! (Vehicle)

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
RossHildick3D polycounter lvl 3
Any crits are welcomed people. Be as harsh as you like :)

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/85ZbR

Thank you :+1:

Replies

• Noremac7777
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Could probably stand to lose a few subdivisions here and there (roof-rack bars, maybe upper window surrounds, maybe the surfboard & foam holder thingies but I'm kind of a noob to how that affects your texturing), but it's pretty fucking stellar. Nice job.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    The white surfaces are way to clean considering how dirty the exterior green is. The white cusions on the inside do not look textured , add some variety to the surface 
  • Zitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zitch polycounter lvl 8
    I feel like the dirt on the front window and some on the surfboard is overwhelming. Maybe reduce it a bit.
  • Marshkin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marshkin polycounter lvl 9
    I think the model is solid all around! It's the texturing that could use some work.

The paint is very reflective on the outside, it appears even the rust parts are? I'd expect it to be a little less reflective given it's apparent age and especially given the dirt on the windows. It doesn't make sense that the windows are that dirty if the rest is clean.

The inside furniture is too clean and reflective. 

Keep it up, I'm looking forward to seeing this get worked on some more!

• RossHildick3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, the white being clean is a bit of an illusion: the sand / dirt is procedural all around, for the most part so its consistant. It is just that you can see it much more clearly on the green so I will over compensate for that in the white areas now. I agree with everything else too so i'll update here when I get around to fixing it. 

Thanks and keep the crits coming if you spot anything else :)
  • RossHildick3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Could probably stand to lose a few subdivisions here and there (roof-rack bars, maybe upper window surrounds, maybe the surfboard & foam holder thingies but I'm kind of a noob to how that affects your texturing), but it's pretty fucking stellar. Nice job.
    Thanks man :) - Shouldn't affect the texturing too much, I'll see what I can do!, thanks!