Home Quixel Megascans

My Quixel questions

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
Hi , I was following this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BboBgjGARc#t=370
For max, but the only file I could file to import was a fbx file , wich indeed imports a lot more materials than the ones showed in the tutorial , but are not placed in a nicely organized multisubobject material , instead all have single one and is a little messy to have to manually over and select each ball to see what is what , I did a bad import or I am missing something on how to turn all those mats into one single multisubobject one?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey Naima!

You're working with dDo Legacy tutorials instead of DDO tutorials. Are you attempting to create a material with dDo Legacy?
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Whats the difference ? I thought there was only one ddo.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    dDo Legacy is many versions behind DDO - it's not officially supported anymore. If you're working with the Quixel SUITE 2 version of DDO, I can certainly assist with importing materials. If you're working with dDo Legacy, I can also attempt to assist, but there's no guarantee of functionality in unsupported software.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Thankyou ! No I have ddo 2.2 ... I am trying to seeif Zi can use ddo for texturing a large soaceship , its high poly and so tons of polygons and textures , I managed to create uvlayouts for the most parts but cant put all into one texture as its too large and crashes my pc . 
    Here some of the questions .

http://polycount.com/discussion/173606/high-poly-workflow#latest
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    S oI edited this thread ot collect other questions .

My question now is if I import an external baked curvature map , I have tried to edit it in ddo to reduce the thickness of the borders on the edges of the things , but no success , no matter what mask I tried the curvature is used for the edge and there is no way I can reduce ... Is that correct or I am missing something ? How eventually can I do to have narrow edge scratches without haveing to make multiple esternal tests with curvatures?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You'll need to play with the DynaMask advanced settings for curvature in order to reduce the width of masked areas. I highly suggest experimenting with it. There's a lot of specific variables that I can't guide you through - you'll need to play around with the settings until you find something that works out. :)
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    YEs I was trying that , but didn't have much success , the base edges are either large or none , based on the curvature , I can only eventually break or make thighter . Will try some more ...

In meanwhile Is it possible to load multiple meshes and projects at the same time and visualize all the meshes of theproject in the viewer?

• NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Other question , I was adding glass to a cockpit and it worked,  I wanted to replace with Gold , same mask , but the gold doesn't shows up , I tried gold 24 k is there a reason why gold don't work and other yes?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Multiple meshes and projects are only supported if loaded as multiple mesh groups.

Not sure why your gold texture won't appear. Ensure that the material is loaded correctly.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    I actually now loaded inside a glass material above it , the material looks really cool on the little previewer , but in the viewer looks just red.
    Or not at all .

Also for multiple models, if I load and save the project , load and save , load and save, after can I load all together to compose the scene inthe viewer?
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    When I try to save a material custom over another older material custom it says the file is locked , what that means and how I unlock?
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Hi , how I do to export all maps maks by material ID ?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Exporting like that needs to be done manually in Photoshop, by hand, one by one.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Btw I am trying to reproduce now the materials I have done in pbr quixel into external program , but they do not correspond , is there a way to extract the textures and masks used by quixel ? I can't find them in the forlders and I dunno where they are , and eventually how to add new ones.
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Is there a good setting to export to keyshot as material or whats most close to it?
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Up and updated.

The gray stripes happen when I use supersized textures like 8192 x 8192 , wich was my workflow , seems I did not get when I worked with smaller textures.

The gray stripes are part of the rendering engine of quixel and not due to texture generation ...

The black dots are instead created by DDO in the curvature map , I had this problem also with the large textures, and I had overcome it by manually selecting the black dots, and filling with a gray color then blended with a blur and manually editing the seams .