Home Technical Talk

Beretta 87 Lets "Wrap" this up.

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Shadow2Matrix polycounter lvl 8
Hey everyone, I have seen this model done before. I am almost completed with mine. I have this high poly pistol grip that I would like to wrap around the gun handle. You will see an extrusion on the handle that I would like to wrap or cut some of this up on. Now I thought about cutting it and then using an FFD box but it seems annoyingly tedious and wanted to know if you guys have any techniques on how to wrap this up.  I will bake most of this, but for the sake of the high poly looking nice, I would like to somehow properly do this. Reference pic is provided as well. There are a few other things you will notice like, I have some missing serations but I will get to those and the safety is a block out now that needs to be redone. Any feedback would be great if the approach I have in mind is proper or not. I can FFD the whole thing but it will probably rescale things unevenly. So thats why I come to you all. Thank you!REFERENCE of course... and the last pic an extrusion for handle is present, barely visible though.

Replies