Home Technical Talk

3d Coat tutorial for multi UVs

This discussion was created from comments split from: How to get multiple objects on one UV map?.

Replies

• hansolocambo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hansolocambo polycounter lvl 8
    I just uploaded a tutorial on how to do just that using the great UVs editor of 3DCoat :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zBud1hTbwo
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't necro an ancient thread from 8 years ago please.

Unless you are directly addressing the original subject, which was about how to solve a problem in a particular version of 3ds Max.

Posting a 3d coat tutorial does not help any of the people who responded in that thread.
  • hansolocambo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hansolocambo polycounter lvl 8
    Hi Eric,
    Looking for an answer to "how to regroup multiple objects with UVs and textures already applied", I googled for a solution and ended up on a polycount thread.  Thing is, if a thread is still open and appears as a result in the first page of google after a search, it means that the last post in the thread might be old, but the subject is still an issue for many people and the page is often checked. I found out how to do what I needed to do after fiddling with 3DCoat for a few days and was pretty happy to share the result. Thinking : "next time someone does an equivalent search and ends up in the same thread, it might make his day". If you don't want people to "necro" ancient threads with recent solutions to old issues, maybe polycount should automatically close a thread after X months of inactivity. An open thread, even 8 years laters, is : an open thread.

If I did wrong, it was really not my intention. On the contrary.
    Cheers, Han.
    https://sketchfab.com/hansolocambo/models
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey that's a good point, thanks for clarifying this it really helps!

I'll look into the forum settings and see what can be done about this. I agree closing old threads would help solve this weirdness.

I think it's better to create a new thread with your solution, and add a link to the old one if people want the backstory.