Home Technical Talk

[Solved] 3DS Max 2017 Viewport Delays

furiouslul
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
furiouslul polycounter lvl 4
Hi guys, forgive me if this should be in general discussion - wasn't quite sure where it fits best.

So I've been trying to do some research on this issue but haven't come up with many (any?) relevant results.

I'm a Maya user, but I just grabbed a student version of 3DS Max 2017 and I'm having some problems within the Viewport - not sure if it's just a Max problem, a compatibility issue or some sort of setting I can switch that I might have missed.

I've recorded a video here: https://youtu.be/JbdcAWj3xd4

This whole time I have Alt + Middle mouse held down to rotate the viewport - if you pay attention to the cursor, a lot of the time it wont rotate at all, but then eventually "unsticks" itself...for a while.

Not sure if relevent but my PC Specs are somewhat decent(ish) except for my GPU

i7, 64gb RAM, GTX960. 3DS MAx 2017 SP1 (Upgraded to SP1 in the hope it'd fix it, but nada), windows 10

Hopefully someone can help, or at least confirm that it's not just me having the issue, haha.

Replies

• monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Software questions go to this forum.

Do you have a mouse with a Tilt Wheel? They always produce a delay in 3ds Max. Use the Arc Rotate Sub Object button at the bottom right of the UI and see if left clicking rotating works.

Did you enable Maya navigation?
  • furiouslul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    furiouslul polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for the reply monster,

After spending quite a few hours installing and uninstalling various version - it was indeed my mouse, I feel silly for not checking it in the first place haha. And yeah the after the Arc Rotate worked for me last night...that's what made me realise what the problem probably is

Thanks for your help!