Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Substance Designer Texture Dump

polycounter lvl 9

Replies

• Cibo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cibo polycounter lvl 10
    A little to much bump effect in the presentation.
    Some bricks have visible conections with other bricks texture  / damage wise what and lift the illusion that  every brick is a single element.

• Daf57
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daf57 polycounter lvl 9
     Nice work, Kushy! I think both are very impressive!
  • ActionDawg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ActionDawg greentooth
    I think the bark looks good but the brick is very puffy compared to any kind of brick I've seen. Do you have references?
  • lloydj14
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lloydj14 polycounter lvl 6
    Your bark is looking a little weird with what looks like the 'plasma noise node' lines going over it but i'm liking the moss feel good and seems to be well placed. Some of the bricks seem to be very lumpy. Its like they have large lumps of mud stuck on them. This is only on a couple of bricks and if it is lumps of mud (could be because its it brown in those locations) then might want to adjust the roughness or something to differentiate between the 2 materials a bit better :)
  • Kushy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kushy polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks for the feedback guys! Yes I probably have over done it a little with the displacement in the render :) Probably adding to the puffy look too!

The damage spanning over multiple bricks is a problem @Cibo , thanks for pointing it out, I should use a mask to stop this, will get back in to substance and try to sort that out.

And @lloydj14 the mud you speak of was supposed to be cement splattered on the bricks, but yea it is a bit hard to differentiate, I tried to do so with height information but will try to get more of a roughness variation too! Thank you :)