Home Artists Looking For Work

3D Modeler (Characters, Props, Anything)/Texture Artist available for hire (Fulltime or Freelance)

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
CptAlbatross polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys, my name is Nick Dodd and I'm a 3D Artist based out of Houston, Texas with primary skills in illustration, modeling, texturing and lighting with secondary skills in animation and compositing. I have about 4 years experience working in the fast paced Oil & Gas multimedia and marketing industry and have done work for many high profile clients, such as Exxon Mobile, Disney and Toshiba.

I've worked with several studios over the past few years as both a full time hire and a contractor and am pretty open to offers. While I am very capable of working on my own, I enjoy collaborating and working with a team to put out a great product. In my free time, I enjoy long walks on the beach while shredding some mad guitar licks in a pair of leather pants that are definitely not suitable for beach wear.

Skill sets:
- Concepting/Storyboarding
- Modeling (high or low poly)
- Texturing
- Lighting (Non-Final Gather or Ray based lighting)
- Compositing

Primary Software:
- 3DS Max
- Maya
- Mudbox
- Quixel
- Substance Painter
- Photoshop/Illustrator
- After Effects
- RenderMan
- Vray 3.0
- Mental Ray
-Marmoset Toolbag

If you interested, have questions or just want to chit chat, my email is: m.sharrahodd@yahoo.com My online galleries can also be viewed here: ArtStation Gallery -or- Behance Gallery

I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Here's a render from a recent character project where the theme was Chivalry. I chose to make a Bushido White Knight, here to protect m'lady.

Here's a Pixar styled take on the classic Mercedes 300SL. Modeled in Maya and rendered in RenderMan.

This a piece of concept art I made for current personal project. Visual research went into both the suit design as well as the cathedral rose windows and structures.

I'll continue to update this post with more work as I complete them. If you guys have any questions or want to see additional content, message me and I'll provide accordingly. Thank you for your time!

Replies