Home Technical Talk

Delete any memory of using a program

Nerono
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Nerono polycounter lvl 5
I want to delete everything related to maya on my computer, including registry, help?

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why do you want to do this? 

If you want to reset the demo time limit, you'll have to format your HDD and reinstall your OS. At least I think that might work, never tried to find what hidden files they use to store the license info.
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    The licensing is written to unpartioned parts of the hard deive. There's no way to remove that without formatting.

Other than that you can use the Autodesk Uninstall tool to get everything off you system. It's what we use in the beta program to clear our versions.
  • Nerono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerono polycounter lvl 5
    monster said:
    The licensing is written to unpartioned parts of the hard deive. There's no way to remove that without formatting.

Other than that you can use the Autodesk Uninstall tool to get everything off you system. It's what we use in the beta program to clear our versions.
    Thank you for the reply 
  • spacefrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spacefrog polycounter lvl 15
    monster said:

AFAIK this isn't true any longer for flexNet  ( i'm not exactly sure when that changed, i think somewhen  arround Max2009 - but totally unsure ). Previously sector 32/33 where used for this. Now its a complex combination of registry and license  files content  ( which gets changed/written to with each application launch ).