Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Steampunk Goggles

Enderay
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Enderay polycounter lvl 6

Just a quick modelling and texturing of goggles I did in my spare time.

Modelled HighPoly & LowPoly in Maya and textured in Substance Painter.

Replies

• Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
    Looks pretty good, you should not use dof if you want feedback on the model, it makes the features hard to make out, from what i can tell the leather looks pretty wrapped, add some nice wear on it, especially on the edges, remember that it should be cut from a piece of leather and the cuts should not have a glossy finish.
  • Enderay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator said:
    Looks pretty good, you should not use dof if you want feedback on the model, it makes the features hard to make out, from what i can tell the leather looks pretty wrapped, add some nice wear on it, especially on the edges, remember that it should be cut from a piece of leather and the cuts should not have a glossy finish.
    hehe there are a few people that say to me not to add DOF or too much. But im a sucker for DOF :D but you can take a look at the model here with the marmoset viewer; 

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/JP2d0

yea i missed the edges that should be more rough. Though the leather does not look warped to me :P 
  • Maxilator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator polycounter lvl 8
    Enderay said:
    Maxilator said:
    hehe there are a few people that say to me not to add DOF or too much. But im a sucker for DOF :D but you can take a look at the model here with the marmoset viewer; 

yea i missed the edges that should be more rough. Though the leather does not look warped to me :P 
    I'd say it's not a problem for presentation, but if you are looking for feedback it's just annoying.
  • Enderay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator said:
    Enderay said:
    Maxilator said:

I'd say it's not a problem for presentation, but if you are looking for feedback it's just annoying.
    This was more for a showcase :) 
  • Enderay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maxilator said:
    Enderay said:
    Maxilator said:

But i do consider feedback :)