Home Technical Talk

Cintiq problem, when using it like an Intous

Bones
polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Bones polycounter lvl 15
Hi

I just bought a Wacom Cintiq 13HD. Unfortunately, I have a problem with the mousecursor.

As you see in the GIF, the mousecursor always moves up and down, depending how close the pen tip is to the Cintiq screen.
I think this is a feature to compensate for viewing angle. However, this makes only sense, when I work on my Cintiq. Unfortunately, I have the same behaviour when I use my Cintiq like an Intous on my TFT Monitor. It is incredible annoying to me, because I fully rely on the mousecursor position. It often happens, that I move the cursor over a button and then when I want to click it, I miss the Button, because the mousecursor doesn't stay at its position. I didn't have that problem, when I used my Intous Pro :(

Did anyone else notice the same problem and do I have to change some settings or calibrate something?

Replies

• Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    I think you  have to recalibrate it when you lay it. Calibration is done at the angle you are using it. so if you calibrate it when tilt, calibration will be off when your abruptly change the position.
  • JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    It depends on the tilt of the pen I think. If you hold the pen straight up and down, perpendicular to the surface  the mouse cursor will stay in the same place as it approaches the surface. FWIW I don't think this was much different on my Intuos.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    I think this is a feature to compensate for viewing angle.

This is not a feature - this is probably just the Cintiq product line having its usual alignement issues near the edges of the screen. You'll have to get into the habit of not hoping to get good accuracy in this area.