Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Human Sculpting looking for a critique

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
-White- polycounter lvl 4
This is my second attempt in creating a human figure from scratch and am hoping to improve it before I bake and rig it. As I don't think my eyes can do me much more good. 

I wanted the characters form to be exaggerated, to give it a bit more or a stylized feel but I'm not sure if I'm going in the right direction. As Balancing the anatomy out has been a bit of a challenge, while trying to stay somewhere in the realm or realism. 

Any feed back, tips, or resources is greatly appreciated as I'm not too familiar with organic sculpting or ZBrush for that matter. Thank you to anyone for taking the time to look it over, if you have any advise please don't hold back.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range

If you want to practice human anatomy, why are you making it more challenging for yourself by trying to make a stylized elf character? Why not just do a human character straight up and learn from that?

• AgelosAp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AgelosAp polycounter
    Seconding Brian overall, I hope the day pixologic changes from red wax as default is nigh!
    And here is my anatomy board on pinterest, try to get in more forms and muscles, even if your character is supposed to be lean, get those in and then soften them using polish/trim dynamic/hard polish brushes, the use of smooth should be very minimized.
  • -White-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ Brian Thanks for the feedback I'll look into correcting the two issues, It likely would be easier to rig it the way you have it. The first human I modeled had a more realistic form and was practice for this one. I intend on using the above character in a game I'm creating so I'm hoping to get make it better overall before I port it into the engine.

@Firith Thanks for the board I'll certainly be using it, I knew my sculpt above felt a little too soft. i'll have to try adding some slight definition to muscles like you suggested. 

As far as using a different martial do you have any suggestions? 

• AgelosAp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AgelosAp polycounter
    @-White- BadKing has some good ones, and you can find more on zbrushcentral usually people giving them away in their threads and such.
    In the link I gave you "06" is a good example of  a material that has enough shine and reads well, the gray default material in ZB is ok too.
  • -White-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Firith Thank for more of resources again, after working it a little more this is what I have after a few minor improvements.

(Edit: I made the elbow a bit lower down on the arm, so the forearm isn't as long).