Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critique on female eye socket and general head planes/volumes please

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
braintrain polycounter lvl 7
Hi there! First of all this is my first post so I hope the topic is conform to the forum rules and somebody gets to see this;)

I am a hobby sculptor but lately I decided to improve my workflow by seriously learning to construct proportional and anatomical correct human bodies fast and with as few references as possible. I am currently focusing on the female head and more precisely on the area around the eyes. Right now I feel like I need somebody´s opinion to point out the obvious mistakes that I can´t see^^ Of course any critique regarding the underlying shapes is highly appreciated as well! The head is not a polished work, just high poly enough to sculpt in the eyes. (pls ignore the ears. they´re just appended from ZBrush´s imm bodyBrush for completeness)

I also post the head base as well because I think it is easier to see for you guys where my shapes derived from. I think there might be a problem with my cheek placement however I´m not sure where exactly the model is off.   This is a very early stage though.

Thank you guys in advance!!

Replies