Home Technical Talk

[3Ds Max] can't change spline TOOL color?

vertex
Offline / Send Message
IEatModels vertex
searched all over and I can't find a way to change the color of the default spline tool? I got a dark grey background and the spline tool is dark grey so its super hard to see where I have placed lines before the spline is completed

thanks in advance guys!

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Look at the command panel>COLOUR and name rollout..........now click the colour swatch and choose whatever colour you'd prefer. This is the active wireframe colour upon creation. You can also change it per-object after the fact.
  • IEatModels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IEatModels vertex
    I am not trying to change the spline color after it has been created. This question is asking if it is possible to change the tool itself because while I am creating the spline, I can't see it since it is dark grey on a dark grey background.

thanks though m8
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should read my post above again. The active colour stays active until you change it again. So every spline/primitive will inherit that colour on creation. So if you uncheck 'assign random colours' the colour you selected as the active colour will always be the active colour. ;)
  • IEatModels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IEatModels vertex
    So every spline/primitive will inherit that colour on creation.

I don't need the color to change "on creation" I need it to be different while I am in the act of creating it. So while I am STILL in the create tab, placing points.

click create > click shapes > click line > click somewhere in the viewport to place the first point > click somewhere else to place second point (line starts to form but is not created yet) > observe line color (for me, it is dark grey on a dark grey background)

• IEatModels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IEatModels vertex

this is a better example, purple was a bad choice :wink:
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha! Talk about crossed splines.....I mean wires.

Customise>customise user interface>colours>geometry dropdown>selection>pick your colour.

I don't know how you ended up with a dark grey spline on creation. default colour is white and has to be manually changed throug the process above. Weird.
  • IEatModels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IEatModels vertex
    lol! yah, thanks for sticking with it with me lol. problem solved!

I am not sure how it turned out grey either. what is even more strange is the color on that option before I changed it was not dark grey (it was red). I saw the option before when I was looking for the value I needed and passed over that one since it said that one was already red.

must have been a weird bug
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, must just be one of those weird, inexplicable  3d mysteries.....:) glady you  sorted it. Resetting the UI from dark to light and back might have sorted it too.