Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Next generation headphones

vertex
Offline / Send Message
NIKOLAPAVIC vertex
A truly revolutionary piece of head wear!  :smile:

http://fav.me/da3cd7j

The post on DA where you can read more about it.

Aldo they look good,i somehow feel that they could look more realistic.I need critiques on how i can make them look more realistic to make people believe like they actually exist.

All my materials are on point and as i wish them to be but it all just doesn't look as real as these.
I dont know how or why but these ones look all so much more realistic.

mine give more of a toy feel which i was going for,which im guessing is why they dont look that much realistic as mine are more....artistic? :tongue:

Also the problem im having now is that is not getting a lot of exposure.My art isnt going to a lot of people to see so im getting really low page views and all,which is why im trying now to post the DA page from it to as many places as possible so i can get attention as i cant think of anything else that is left for me to do.

I hope that this is the...ummmm...best way to do it? im not really sure if i should advertise my DA page or my artStation or some kind of a different page or way.
Im trying to get as many people to see my art so they know i can actually do stuff worth looking at,so i can start to get requests and start doing submissions for starters and start earning for what im doing.
As i appreciate the work and time needed for doing modeling in general and things related to 3D art but unfortunately not a lot of people do :disappointed:

I hate this way of self advertising but im left with no other option.

Replies

• independ-hans
    Offline / Send Message
    independ-hans polycounter lvl 13
    I Think you have to a long way to go,
    I just wanna helping you so be aware I speak from my perspective & it might be at first hard get real critic. 

I like your modeling of the Headphones, but the rendering, lighting & colors are really bad.
    But Here some advice.
    You have to learn rendering for it. Your plastic Looks to shiny, the reflections are to sharp. 
    I would start suggest you research  about Linear Workflow, photorealistic rendering, texturing, design, colors, composting, 3 point lighting setup and presentation of a portfolio.

If I were you And I would edit out your "advertising" of your post as soon as possible, because you wanna advertise your channel and at the same time as you looking for help And on the wrong place too. That is really a no-no. And why you don't post your image in the post?
    And if you want to promote your stuff just use social network like facebook, instagram,tumblr, twitter and not forums but to be honest I don't think you are close on the point to get commissions.  You need a strong portfolio.

I would post not on polycount forums for rendered projects feedback, this forum is for real time engines. 
    You will get help help on Rendering Images on http://www.cgfeedback.com/ and http://forums.cgsociety.org/
  • PyrZern
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    You call that next-gen ??

THIS, is next gen.

• Blade113
    Offline / Send Message
    Blade113 polycounter lvl 8
    NIKOLAPAVIC cool job, 10/10 would buy ;)
  • Blade113
    Offline / Send Message
    Blade113 polycounter lvl 8
    PyrZern said:
    You call that next-gen ??

THIS, is next gen.

wait, aren't these actually real? I think I saw them somewhere..
  • NIKOLAPAVIC
    Offline / Send Message
    NIKOLAPAVIC vertex
    Thanks Blade113 much appreciated.And why im calling it next gen is:1st i didn't really know how to call them xD,and 2nd they dont really look as any of the headphones i saw jet.
    And the headphones you showed here are just regular headphones with cat ears attached to it and bright LED like most of the headphones have now.

Also thanks Independ-hans.Any kind of constructive criticism is great no matter if its good or bad.
    Many people told me that just now about the plastic to me it seemed fine as it is but now i will try to find some plastic materials for cycles to use.
    The background and lights are actually from a HDR image,i used that so i dont have to worry about setting up the light.

And i somehow dont see how i would get all that much attention of social medias as there i dont have many friends/followers or whatever they are called so there wont be anybody to look at it to get it going. 

And by commissions i wasn't really aiming for something...how can i call it,high grade.I was mostly thinking about average people who dont know all that much about modeling and art that wanted me to model and do a image for them so they could see how their idea looks like.

And i dont really have a portfolio jet.As i dont know where to put it on,on artstation? 
    And im constantly watching tutorials and learning so there isnt a lot of time for me to work on my portfolio but i do keep getting better.
  • independ-hans
    Offline / Send Message
    independ-hans polycounter lvl 13
    I don't much time at the moment, I say it rather short.
    Deviantart is a huge platform to get exposure where is really good, for drawing it is really good platform.
    Just do it make an artstation portfolio, work on it if you put only one image on it, make it really good, maybe somebody want you to do something similar.
    I don't have much followers on twitter either but I post now recently some images and get likes sometimes.
    Just do it it will grow if you post something each days for example. Each twitter did start small.