Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

IMI Negev MachineGun

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
MediumSolid polycounter lvl 8
This is something that I made a long time ago, and it's not displayed here for bragging. Only hardcore critiques are welcome.

Replies

• RobertHammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobertHammer polycounter lvl 10
    Really nice HP of the Negev and probably the most accurate one that i have seen yet

Only thing that i noticed , is that you missing the range drum on the rear sight and some details in there
    http://i.imgur.com/9rc5i8Z.jpg

also do you plan to make the LP and bake it?
  • MediumSolid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really nice HP of the Negev and probably the most accurate one that i have seen yet

Only thing that i noticed , is that you missing the range drum on the rear sight and some details in there

I can't believe that I haven't noticed that the range drum is missing, looks like I turned it off for rendering by accident. At least I didn't forgot to model it. As far as LP model goes, yeah I could make that but I'm not very experienced in texturing anything, thankfully I know how to unwrapp without a problem. But like I said I'm very weak when it comes to texturing. Any suggestions where can I start learning that stuff, and how long does it take to texture an average weapon?
  • Solaire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I can't believe that I haven't noticed that the range drum is missing, looks like I turned it off for rendering by accident. At least I didn't forgot to model it. As far as LP model goes, yeah I could make that but I'm not very experienced in texturing anything, thankfully I know how to unwrapp without a problem. But like I said I'm very weak when it comes to texturing. Any suggestions where can I start learning that stuff, and how long does it take to texture an average weapon?
    i'm in a same boat about texturing and the best answer that i found is just start texturing - 99% that first couple of try will be horrible and ugly but it's like learning always work. Grab substance painter, wath some basic tutorial on youtube and just start texturing.
    For example, on Battlefield 4 texturing was the most time-consuming part compared to whole weapon production 
  • MediumSolid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Solaire, hmm. Thanks for the advice. I always wondered what was better software for beginners in texturing, quixel or substance but now I see that substance has generators which speed up the texturing process. 
  • Solaire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Solaire, hmm. Thanks for the advice. I always wondered what was better software for beginners in texturing, quixel or substance but now I see that substance has generators which speed up the texturing process. 
    https://gumroad.com/timb here is a couple of VERY noob frendly and detailed tutorials about weapon texturing in substance (grenade and akm, first is free)
  • MediumSolid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks @Solaire

I'm in your debth, what weapon would you like to see modeled? I'm curious to know which popular weapon in main stream media was never showcased in polycount?
  • Solaire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks @Solaire

I'm in your debth, what weapon would you like to see modeled? I'm curious to know which popular weapon in main stream media was never showcased in polycount?
    Hah, hard to say actually :)  Vektor CR-21 ! 
  • MediumSolid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I always thought it would be either K-31 or Lewis Machinegun. And as far as modern weapons goes, it would be in my mind the AN-94 which I still hadn't modeled. But I'll give the CR-21 a try in the future.
  • berserkcol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    berserkcol null
    Hi, is the model available for download? I couldn´t find any kind of link. Thank you very much
  • MediumSolid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @berserkcol
    Sorry, the model in not available for download.