Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | Deagle DOREN

null
Offline / Send Message
Stop null

Phase 1

Getting the concept!
For this skin I was really looking into Starwars and the way the storm troopers armour worked and connected together, however I also wanted to include the shine and sleek finish of the pistols from blade runner. I was also really wanting to include some kind of camo on the skin taking inspiration from the rebels on Endor.
I started off with a really rough sketch of my concept to get an idea of how the skin would work and flow.

Phase 2

Applying the concept to the model.

Phase 3

For this step I went on to make the panels on the side of the skin, this worked out really well I think. However they really lacked depth which I will need to fix later.

I also began adding a metallic texture to the skin, however I was really not happy with the texture it was giving off so I needed to adjust this.

Phase 4

For this step I slightly changed the metallic texture but still wasnt very happy with the overall look of the gun. I decided to take a step back from the metal so I decided to focus on the grip which I started working with a classic wood stock.

Phase 5

I got the wooden grip to a stage I was really happy with, so I moved back onto the metal. I decided to go for a free flowing and elegant finish mostly found in that of Damascus steel. However I wanted to tie it into the whole design so I kept some hues of light and dark green in there.
The next thing I was really looking to explore was adding depth and panels to the grip of the gun behind the wood. This was a very basic version of the idea simply using black lines to map out where I wanted to go with it later.

Replies