Home Technical Talk

Photoshop pen pressure problem

KurtR
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
KurtR polycounter lvl 7
I got a problem with pen pressure where it suddenly gives me full pressure while drawing. I've tried to search some forums without finding any solutions. i don't want to turn of "windows ink" since I loose pressure all together then. Any help much appreciated.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What hardware are you using for drawing with a pen? Have you looked at the driver settings?

Wacom for example has decent pressure sensitivity adjustment tools, like a customizable sensitivity curve for how hard you like to press, vs. other people.

• KurtR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KurtR polycounter lvl 7
    Got the wacom intuos 5. Deleted and reinstalled and messed around with most of the settings. My pressure curve I actually think is totally straight now. Didnt think to try to change that out. Thanks buddy, Ill give that a go.
  • kadeschui
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kadeschui greentooth
    I found changing the default Windows double click speed resolved some issues for me, as when sketching quickly my wacom would think i was attempting to double click when i wasn't. 
  • KurtR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KurtR polycounter lvl 7
    Is that the settings in your control panel, or in wacom settings? The sensitivity curve didn't help, but I turned off the double click on my pen button just now to test that out. It seems however it is dependent on what zoom level I'm at. If im close and zoomed in it doesn't seem to happen as often. puzzles me. Thanks for input though, Ill play around with it and see what comes of it.
  • KurtR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KurtR polycounter lvl 7
    Ah, I turned off the double click distance. Guess that's what you referred to. Seems to work smoothly now. Thanks a bunch.