Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: AO Baking - Buckets seams

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Titus polycounter lvl 14
Hello! i have some wierd effect when i bake Ambient occlusion in 3Do baker (increase or decrease resolution doesn't help), same result on different computers:
 and this seams appear at exact bucket edges, and there are no options to reduce this effect. And normal map conversion to AO through nDo it's not the same result, so it's not an option. Any solution for this? maybe in future versions?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Are the UVs stacked in this location?
  • Titus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Titus polycounter lvl 14
    No(hmm yes) it's an standard rounded box from 3Do, i think each side from 0-1 in uv space.  ;)
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    3DO Baker currently doesn't play nice with stacked UVs. Could you try a non-stacked plane instead and see if you can duplicate this issue with it?
  • Titus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Titus polycounter lvl 14
    ok, here is the UV for the image what i have posted before (as you can see its an planar mapping without stacked UVs, everything is stitched ):

And here is another try, with packed UVs :

and here you can see this seams inside UV island. so ...  
    ah normal map : 

Normal map was created in nDo. many thanks.

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Your normal map is incorrect - it's in sculpt mode. Leave sculpt mode and re-save it - you'll get all of the directions on your normal map that way. :smile:

The baking seams appear to be some kind of issue with your graphics drivers. What hardware is your computer running?

In the meantime, feel free to use the NDO to AO converter - if you play with its settings a bit (you can click on each AO layer and adjust its properties, including how strong or weak it is, how far the AO travels, etc) you should be able to get a flawless AO map out of it.
  • Titus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Titus polycounter lvl 14
    Yea thanks, thats what i have thought , the normal looks strange ))) my fault, and about video drivers, it's a latest  nvidia GeForce GTX 960 drivers. And yea i can convert my normal to AO but it's not the same result like in baker, because in 3Do baker it's looks much better for me. 
  • Titus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Titus polycounter lvl 14
    I have done some test this evening so :

and cavity, object space, gradients are fine:

Normal map :

and mesh : https://goo.gl/A8aOJc

I hope it helps for some reason. Many thanks.