Home Technical Talk

Need suggestions on how to project skin details from scanned models onto my own :)

Jarjarniks
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Jarjarniks polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys, was wondering if you could help me out.

I recently bought some really detailed and impressive nude scanned models from 3dscanstore,  because I wanted to use them to help me create skin pore and other skin details on my own models. I am however struggling to figure out how to either project the detail, without messing with my own models primary forms, or perhaps find a way to create alphas from different body parts of the scanned model, to use in similar areas on original models in future projects. 

Any suggestions you guys can give at all would be greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Would have been easier to subscribe to surface mimic ;)
  • Jarjarniks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarjarniks polycounter lvl 7
    Hehe, though that may be the case, it doesn't really help me too much <span>:sweat:</span>
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Hehe, though that may be the case, it doesn't really help me too much <span>:sweat:</span>
    :) Too true. But on a more helpful note here's something you could try:

Isolate a part of the model you want to create a heightmap from. Try and make the selection as square as you can, but not essential. You can do this easily a number of ways,

i.e - paint a mask>split point>delete hidden

Now duplicate the mesh, Zremesh the duplicate, UVMaster to unwrap, and finally bake a displacement map.

Then you can take the displacement map to PS and clean it up for use as an alpha back in ZB. And repeat for other sections.

There are other ways of course: you could just grabdoc an alpha, or MRZGB grabber an alpha, or matchmaker/zproject/project all to a plane.

Or you could bake a normal map and use something like NDO to create other maps.